What is doubt?
The state of being unsure of something
Doubt in the Bible
Doubt is any thought from the devil that contradicts or tries to make you not to believe anything God has stated in His Word, the Bible.
Advantages of Doubt
NONE. Doubt has no advantages.
Disadvantages of Doubt
- Doubt makes you unsure, scared, fearful, etc
- Reduces your faith level
- God doesn't like doubt
- James 1:6 - 8
- When you ask, you must believe and not doubt (Self explanatory)
- He who doubts is like a wave of sea, blown and tossed. Your spiritual life/faith should be rock-solid, planted and built firmly on the grace and belief in Jesus Christ)
- God doesn't like doubt.
- Doubt contradicts God's word and God only acts according to His will, which is clearly stated in his Word(the Bible);
- 1 John 5:14 - 15
Help to defeat doubt
- Be relaxed, don't be stressed about anything happening around you. God knows, cares and is working on/fixed it already. Philippians 4:6 - 7
- Be thankful for stuff God has done (sent Christ to doe for you and much more), is doing), etc. Remembering what God has done in the past, not even the "Christian things", maybe when God delivered you in the past from something, etc removes doubt. Try it.
- The most important: You must have Christ. You must be born again. Without having Christ, doubts cannot be defeated. With Christ, doubts are already defeated. You will get tempted, but you've already overcome.
By His stripes we were healed (from anything plaguing us be it physical or spiritual) (1 Peter 2:22)
Hope this was useful to you in some way.